Friday, August 26, 2016

Throwing out the first pitch!

ARod is no longer a Yankee and has informed us, through his publicist, that he is not going to play again in 2016 (Brett Favre anyone?). Hence, the Baseball world needs a new Mr. September! Why?  Well, I think we can all agree there will never be another Mr. October (Reggie) or Mr. November (DJ).  There’s also no denying the suspense and excitement of the MLB Playoffs.  However, with the prolonged postseason and a meaningless All Star Game each year, the MOST exciting time of the year for Baseball is the last few weeks of the season (the last few weeks of September).  If you don’t believe me, let me remind you of a few of the exciting revelations of, my birth month, September: division battles, extended 40 man rosters, late season rallies/failures, unsung heroes/zeroes.


That's why I'm here to act as your Mr. September, your guide, as the season comes to a close.  Who's going to finish strong?  What manager is going to blow it?  What player is going to step out of the shadows? I have all the answers, the embers if you will (or at least I'll pretend to for the next 4 weeks).  Which embers will burn bright and ignite a new fire to blaze through the postseason and beyond?  Which embers will sizzle and fade away leaving a blemish of failure?  Follow me and you might just find out!  

PLAY BALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment